1) Age limit for ticket purchasers is 18 years and over. Purchase must be made in the province of Alberta. Sellers are to advise all ticket purchasers not to put the name of any individual on a ticket that is under the age of 18.
2) Loyalty, Early Bird and the final draws will be under the supervision of Stride Management Corp. and will take place at 3950 12th Street NE, Calgary, AB. Any person wishing to view the draws may do so by attending at the above location on the draw date(s).
The order in which the prizes will be awarded is from the prize of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value. The Loyalty Draws will be the first ticket drawn, followed by the Early Bird Draw and then the final remaining 2,498 prizes. All tickets are eligible for all draws. Ticket buyers are eligible for all draws provided they have purchased their tickets by the applicable cut-off dates.
The lottery draws will be conducted using an RNG (Random Number Generator) system. The winning raffle draw number shall be determined from the pool of sold raffle ticket numbers. This will include the loyalty draw, early bird draw and the final draws.
Loyalty Draw - January 29, 2021 Deadline - January 13, 2021
Early Bird Draw - March 12, 2021 Deadline – February 25, 2021
Final Draw - April 1, 2021 Deadline - March 18, 2021
Should all tickets be sold out by the Early Bird cut-off date of February 25, 2021 all draws, beginning with the early bird, will take place on March 12, 2021.
There will be no prize alternatives or cash in lieu of options with any prize unless otherwise stated.
3) The following individuals are not permitted to purchase tickets in the lottery. Board Members and Executive Management Staff of STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service Foundation), employees of Stride Management Corp. and their immediate family members.
4) Retail value of all prizes is $4,836,045.62 including GST. Only 1,059,100 tickets will be sold. Tickets in the main lottery will be sold as $30 single ticket, or discounted in sets of 3 for $60, sets of 6 for $100 and sets of 20 for $275.
5) Prizes must be accepted as awarded - no substitutes unless otherwise stated. All winners have one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by STARS. Restrictions apply for the following prize(s):
a) Travel – All travel prizes are valid for two years from draw date. Extensions will be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply. All travel includes return airfare from either Calgary or Edmonton unless otherwise indicated.
b) Early Bird Prize – As the early bird condo is in Kelowna, British Columbia the winner will be required to provide personal information as required by the BC Government for title transfer of the property to be completed.
6) All winners will be notified in writing by Stride Management Corp., and in some cases by telephone of what they have won and how to claim their prize. At the end of each draw a searchable listing of winners will be posted on starslotteryalberta.ca within 10 days following the draw.
7) If a winner cannot be located after a period of one year from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis.
8) In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name, the licensee will award the prize to the first name listed on the stub. The AGLC and the licensee are not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise from the different individuals.
9) If a purchased ticket has been entered in any draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.
STARS Lottery Alberta 2021
PO Box 700 Station M
Calgary, AB T2P 4Y3